View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Various: Bible, King James Version, 30 - Jan - 2008

All of the renditions of the bible I have seen seem to founder because of a lack of a good TOC or indexing system. I is unfortunate that the PRS 505 does not support nested TOCs but it doesn't. In an effort to over come this difficulty it occurred to me that if each book of the bible were created with its on TOC and then the books put into a collection named (in this instance) "King James Bible" we would have a workable pseudo nested TOC at two deep. I have completed a working version of "The Book of Genesis" from the "King James Version" of the bible based on that premise. In the process I have tagged each of the verses and may, one day, attempt to build a Jump Table to the verses - but that is a long way in the future.

In the mean time I have attached "Genesis" to this message for your examination. Do you think that this would be a viable approach to the problem?

2 February 2008
I have replaced the previously uploaded versions of the books of the Pentateuch with with files which have had their meta-data and names to facilitate sort ordering in the traditional bible order on both your computer and on the reader.

I have also upload the complete Bible in two Zip files. The books in the Zip files follow the same naming scheme as the individual files.

I am sure that there are numerous typos and editing artifacts in the files. I have done my best to eliminate them but this work involved managing more than 1300 files and I am sure that I missed something. Now is the time for the proof readers to shine!! If you find one please post book:chapter and verse and I will do my best to fix it.

03 Feb 2008
I have added the entire bible in a single PDF file for comparison. Please read my message below.

Later on 03 Feb 2008
After some reflection, and a nice warm bath, I decided to remove the pdf file and post it in pdf limbo. If you are interested follow the link below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20067

06 Feb 2008
The book First Peter contains in fact the text of Second Peter. The books Amos, Isaiah, Judges and Acts have some minor cosmetic problems. The file KJV Update contains fixed files which should be used to update your bibles.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KJV New Testament.zip (6.44 MB, 888 views)
File Type: zip KJV Old Testament.zip (11.99 MB, 975 views)
File Type: lrf KJV001 Genesis.lrf (826.8 KB, 755 views)
File Type: lrf KJV002 Exodus.lrf (705.8 KB, 732 views)
File Type: lrf KJV003 Leviticus.lrf (556.0 KB, 746 views)
File Type: lrf KJV004 Numbers.lrf (730.0 KB, 750 views)
File Type: lrf KJV005 Deuteronomy.lrf (613.6 KB, 741 views)
File Type: zip KJV Update.zip (1.60 MB, 893 views)

Last edited by Deputy-Dawg; 02-06-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added update file
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote