View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #643
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I didn't really think is was Windows either, but that was the only thing that changed in the days immediately prior to the highlights going awol

Note: I haven't done anything explicit to settings in months (years even).
I also haven't messed with settings in months/years! Only thing changing is Windows updates! (I'm telling you, gremlins are real! )

A few months back, my Postprocess OCR started getting frozen on the "Set Language" step.

After several PMs to Toxaris (and me comparing a completely fresh install in a VM), I found the solution:

My EPUB Tools > Settings > Postprocess OCR > "Set document language to" somehow magically turned blank. Once I set it to English, everything started working.

Perhaps there is some dastardly setting for Mark Tag that blanked itself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
It must have been something in the %APPDATA%\Toxaris folder, because renaming it, and doing a fresh install also solved the COM Add-ins checkbox problem - as it has done on previous occasions.
Speaking of gremlins, this still also happens to me occasionally. Still no rhyme or reason (sometimes it works for weeks no problems, sometimes it disappears one document only to work perfectly in the next). (Curse you Windows/Office, curse you!)

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 09-11-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote