View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #23
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I'm curious, will this device allow for side loading ebooks, eg from calibre?

And will google try to prevent ebooks that aren't bought through its store from being loaded? (Perhaps questions of a premature nature at this point)

Edit
The only time I allow my kobo ereader to be on the internet is during the initial setup, I update the firmware using the cord, and looking at all the info on this device it seems to have a greater net dependence than I'd want. What a pity, I'd love a colour dedicated ereader.
In addition to what has already been mentioned, as far as I understand the device doesn't actually have Google services installed, so they shouldn't be able to block anything anyway. (If anything, there might be Chinese spyware checking you don't read stuff on subversive issues like "Free Tibet" or the Tiananmen massacre, as was allegedly discovered recently on some Xiaomi phones. Apparently you'd have to read that in Chinese though.)
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote