View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #49
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
shame on you: it is one of the only seven cities in Scotland!!!
(yeah, I am becoming a Scottish nationalist, though admittedly Dundee isn't exactly like London as a hub of cultural life - yet the waterfront looks quite impressive to me)
I actually feel quite guilty about not really engaging with the place - it is like where I grew up in South Yorkshire, only with a really nice river! However, it is still trying to decide what it wants to be now that most of the industry has gone (though I was astounded to find out that Michelin is a big employer here, and there is still a large print employer here - gone are the days when big industry was obvious by noise and smells). I can see that it will be really nice here when that happens, and they have created a nice waterfront and have river tours etc, but at the moment it is a post-industrial mess (like my hometown, which has no direction but down, unfortunately).

Regarding Scottish Nationalism, being a Yorkshireman by birth I tend towards getting away from the dead hand of Westminster if the opportunity is there - let's face it, it can hardly be worse, can it?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote