View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 09:45 PM   #15
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
This actually surprises me coming from an author, good books aren’t always long books, nor are short books always bad. I’ve also found that generally the short bad books are cheaply priced, I imagine those authors goal is mass production of product.
I'm not talking about fiction for the most part. But when you're contemplating a nonfiction book -- about 90% of the 5,000 ebooks I have bought -- especially from an academic or university press, where the book might be priced at $25 or more, yes, I want to know if it's a slim treatment or a comprehensive volume.

THE BONE FEUD (about paleontologists Cope and Marsh, self-published it seems) is 35,000 words long; HADROSAURS from Indiana University Press is 325,000 words. You bet that order-of-magnitude difference has an impact on how much one might be willing to pay for the books.

On the other hand, the 24 novels I've written -- ranging from 57,000 words to 125,000 words long -- are all a bargain, regardless of price.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote