View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 10:55 PM   #30
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Yes. I've met enough people who say "I like to read REAL books". They may not consciously feel superior, but the fact they use the word "real" speaks pretty loudly.
I can't speak for others but here's why I normally use the term "real books" for paper books — because they're "real" in the sense that you actually hold them. With an eBook you hold a device that allows to read a book in electronic form. Break the device and you have nothing (until you can replace it). I'm not implying one is superior to the other (I almost exclusively read eBooks), it's just a distinction between the two.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote