View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #932
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
This is not particularly useful if you are having many books by multiple authors. Imagine, if you will, 25 books by Orson Scott Card, the complete works of Shakespeare as separate volumes, all of Agatha Christie... and the MASSIVE list which ensues.

Stanza creates a page for each author. So sorting by Author gives an author list, with the number of books for each one, and the listing is on a linked page.

Shubook also does that, and goes even further (and Bluefire could benefit from both these ideas) and allows user labels... so you can sort your books pretty much as you like... again, it all happens on separate linked pages. Shubook also takes a leaf from the Stanza standards and provides a touchable #-Z down the right side of the listings, whether by Title, Author or Label.
Ah, got it. I'd prioritize Search in library higher than this, but I get the usefullness of an author "list". I think of "Labels" as "Tags" and that is also useful, though my intent on the design of the Collections feature was meant to essentially provide this functionality. e.g. just create a "collection" for each tag, then for any single book, you can go into the info panel and with one tap for each "tag" add the book to multiple collections. e.g. if we had named "collections" as "tags" - I'd think the functionality would be almost identical to what you are describing - if I understand it correctly. Adding a "sort by collection" is interesting, though not sure how you'd handle it when multiple tags (collections) are applied to a single book - show it more than once in the list when sorted by this?
-Micah
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote