View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #4
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I'm still writing in LibreOffice (was using OpenOffice). There are lots of options to control things, but it can take some digging to work out where to find them. avantman42 pointed you to the option you need, but also get yourself familiar with all the details under Tools / Autocorrect Options... there is a lot in there. For example if you were writing for Smashwords publication you might be choosing to disable smart quotes - and so on.

The other thing I have found useful is to set up a spelling dictionary specifically for my writing - adding character names etc. to this dictionary rather than the default one. This way I can easily turn it on and off depending on what I am working on at the time. Whether this is important to you probably depends what else you use your PC for.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote