Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #321
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I've got to learn to stop reading reviews. It drives me nuts when these guys either don't know what they are talking about or are doing a poor job of explaining and giving a wrong impression. If you knew nothing of Kobo, you would assume from watching this review that the advanced font options and even having multiple fonts was only possible with the HD screen on the Aura. And none of them seem to be aware that you can sideload your own fonts.
I agree....is it too much to expect that reviewers have more than a vague notion about how to give a considered assessment of the devices they are 'reviewing'. An earlier poster referred to the Goodereader reviewers as Tweedledum and Tweedledee. The kindest way I can refer to them is as a pair of twits, and I think their cameras and Youtube account should be withdrawn until they have attended 'How to Contruct an Impartial and Informative Review 101'
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote