View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 AM   #10
njt
Enthusiast
njt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernald
Anyway, I just converted one of my technical ebooks to rtf using ABC Amber PDF Converter. Then I used openoffice to clean up the rtf file the best I could (don't have office on this computer right now). I increased the font size and tried to get rid of the garbage.

The result was still kind of a mess, but at least I think it was something workable. I could read it and follow it, if not easily. There were places where sentences would end midway through the page, page listings that were quite off embedded throughout in the document, and a bunch more issues. Not too good, but I think it could be improved quite a bit once I learn how to use openoffice.

There has got to be a better way though. The opportunity is ripe for an application that I can drag pdf files onto and get back perfectly sized reader format ebooks - one or in batch.

My wallet would snap open quickly for something like that. Maybe I'll have to create it myself.
if you do create something like that I'm sure lots of people would be willing to buy it
njt is offline   Reply With Quote