View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #7
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
I actually used search quite a bit it even in fiction on my old Gemstar readers. It's nice to be able to jump back to a particular quote, and search for an interesting passage that you vaugely recall.

The sony reader, however, is the first fiction reading hardware I've owned that doesn't allow searching - probably because it's the first one without a touch screen or keyboard.

It's not a deal breaker for me, but I can see how people would miss it. I hope they add some basic search function in the next revision.

BTW, does anyone know why Sony didn't go for a touch screen? Is it just that touch screen would interfere with the eInk? Or was it a cost saving issue?
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote