View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #10
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The other way is to get or borrow a Paperwhite (+ VV files update) or (basic) Kindle and copy the \voice folder to the Voyage or Oasis.

I have discovered that using page buttons on Voyage with VoiceView enabled disables VoiceView, forcing you to unplug USB and plug back in to keep going. So that may be why they don't ship a voice file update for it and Oasis - they would need to do something more with the firmware so this does not happen. But for people with vision impairments there is no real reason to get a Voyage or Oasis when a Paperwhite or basic Kindle will do as well. So there's little incentive to officially add VoiceView support for the more expensive devices.

If I remember Oasis won't do VV without the cover attached.

I'm getting a little better with 'two finger close together swipe down' gesture...
Back a year ago last May, my Oasis came with the VoiceView stuff already there, so I guess it doesn't need an update because it came with everything needed from the start.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote