View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmushu View Post
An observation made is when I inserted the original serial no. of my Glo (Japanese set bought from a local reseller) into the image, it downloaded the last update that I had, 2.6.0 and that made the device unreadable again as I believe Windows is trying to read the rootfs partition.
Glad you have it working, but just a statement to clarify things. Unless something is badly broken, the PC OS doesn't know anything about the rootfs or the recoveryfs. The firmware only presents the data partition to the PC when it is connected by USB.