View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #511
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codepadawan View Post
Hmm. Maybe I've answered this myself.... these aren't folders at all in a traditional sense, rather some sort of "package" or "zip" type file, but they **appear** as folders on my mac.... but CM ignores them! yay!
Hehe... no, it's even easier than that. There actually are quite a few "extraneous" directories, but CM doesn't consider them -- in fact, it actually doesn't even look at the filesystem at all. It simply looks at the books database, and for every book there, it uses the fully qualified path to the file to determine (and create) collections from that.

That also means that you can create as many folders as you want - if there are no books in them, they won't be mapped to collections
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote