View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 AM   #14
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Do you know what is the difference between setting up as an IMAP acct or Exchange acct.?
Technically, I don't know and don't really care what's the difference, but in practical terms, when I initially set up my Gmail account as an Exchange account, the syncing of contacts used to be very slow and unreliable for me. Whereas if I set up the Google account as a regualar IMAP email account (using the default "Gmail" icon offered by iOS), then syncing the contacts and everything else works smoothly, as expected.

Also, if you do decide to use Calendars by Readdle to sync your calendars, which I highly recommend, that app sets up its own connection to Google's calendars, so that for the Readdle Calendars, it's irrelevant whatever you set up in the iOS environment. Apple's default Calendar app is so infuriatingly lame compared to Readdle Calendars, I stopped using it completely, so that it's completely empty of data on my iOS devices. I wish there was a way to uninstall the default Calendar app from my iOS devices, keeping only its icon, which would open the Readdle Calendars instead, but of course iOS doesn't make that possible.

(Hell, iOS doesn't even make it possible to set up a different browser as the default browser, instead forcing the lame Safari onto everyone -- whereas I'd like to set up Atomic Web Browser as my default browser, and I'd like to stop using Safari altogether. Well, Microsoft and Apple are just the same when it comes to forcing their lame software products down the users' throats.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote