View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
No one is addressing my "Jobs" comment.

Is that the elephant in the room? (Well, actually I guess the
elephant isn't there anymore.)
I noticed but it's too early to judge Cook's tenure.
(That's what you're hinting at, right?)

His background is as a supply chain guy and so far Apple's 2012 products look to be supply chain products (defined more by the components the supply chain can and can't deliver; i.e., screens and processors) instead of software-and-design products (defined by their software capabilities or design innovation) but that doesn't mean that all future products will be that way.

After all, when Cook took over the word was that Apple had a five year Jobsian plan laid out to ease the transition. It's only been one year so we're likely still looking at "legacy" products where Jobs had input into the design.

Depending on how well Jobs' vision aligns to market developments and how committed Cook/Ives/et al are to sticking to the plan they might still be rolling out Jobsian products well into '14 or ditching it and crafting their own direction sometime next summer. Either way, I'd say we need to wait for a minimum of two full Fiscal Years under (only) Cook to tell whether he can keep Apple on top and how he is doing it. Say fall of '13.

I will say '12 has not been the best of (recent) years for Apple's image but their financials aren't hurting.
Yet.

Last edited by fjtorres; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.