View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo
I prefer to see the inverse of your position Harry. Everyone should use their common sense in downloading what they want to read. No one should be offended by other views or opinions and you should certainly not have to apologize or tread on egg shells for posting it. That said, why in heaven's name would once choose to not partake from every aspect of the richness that is the human experience?!? If you are christian, why deny yourself an insight into the spirituality that is Islam? If you are Jewish, why deny yourself an insight into the spirituality that is Christianity? etc.... I have enjoyed Catholic masses and Jewish seders, I have meditated with theravadic Buddhist teachers and I have read the Koran. All of these things have enriched me. What is there to fear? That another tradition might change your heart or your mind? If anything it will likely deepen your understanding of your own tradition.

I have generally found that people will believe what they want to believe and will rarely be swayed by mere words. Enjoy it all and believe what makes the greatest sense to your heart.
Sorry, Stingo - I didn't express my viewpoint very well; you've said what I meant to say I lot better than I did. What I meant to say is that if you WERE someone who, for example, was offended by Marxist political theory, then you could choose not to download "Das Capital", if somebody were to post it. I completely agree with your viewpoint that one certainly SHOULD read as wide a range of different viewpoints as possible, to expand one's horizons.

Thank you for saying so well what I actually intended to say in the first place .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote