View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
"Failed to open the file!" - Fictionwise non-DRM ePubs on Libre

I just downloaded my collection of multiformat purchases off Fictionwise as ePub (all non-DRM) and put them on the SD card that comes with the Libre. They're in a folder called Fantasy, and I moved the freebie text files that came with to a folder called Freebies. The folder and all the files show up fine.

When I try to open one of the ePub files I d/l'd off Fictionwise, however, I get the error "Failed to open the file!" I tried using Calibre to transfer them over and they simply didn't show up at all. (It puts them in a folder called Books, which the Libre seems to totally ignore.) When I moved those out of the Books folder the Calibre put there, I was left with the original "Failed to open the file!" error.

What am I missing here? The Libre is supposed to be compatible with ePub, correct? It's also not reading metadata as a note, it's listing them by filename. Not sure if this is normal for the Libre or not, only just got it.

Last edited by Nakor; 03-04-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote