View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Having just dropped my Samsung Galaxy III in the fish pond and Googling this very subect, please check out this link Save a Wet Cell Phone Wiki.

You will find that it is not good to use any type of blower, as it may driver water further into the device.

I did not have access to a hard vacuum chamber, so I made a 'soft' vacuum using a plastic container and my vacuum cleaner.

I also had been saving desiccant packs out of anything they came in, dried them out, set my phone on top of rice and the dried out desiccant on top of of the disassembled phone.

Recovered all function of the phone except the cameras, which were roached. The front and rear cameras still work, but are blurry.

John

Last edited by JohnTRN; 01-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote