Thread: PDF on Fire
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
At the Fire announcement event, I remember one of the Amazon VPs saying Fire would have 'desktop class' PDF viewing. I have tried a couple of PDFs with the 'Amazon Kindle' app and while it works, it is nothing very special, and lacking features beyond zoom/pan.

Not only that, but I was unable to figure out how to side load a PDF so that it would just show up in the Docs listing: had to use ES File explorer to open it (after which it shows up in Docs).

Am I missing something?

(FYI exPDF seems pretty good, as is Mantano. Adobe Reader is probably also good to have on hand in case you need to deal with encrypted PDF or the like)

Use Mantano Reader instead. A newer version can be purchased from the Amazon Store for $7.49. An older but functional version can be downloaded here for free:

http://download.pandaapp.com/android....3-id4960.html

To install Apps outside of the Amazon Store you have to set it up on your Fire. Touch Quick Settings, More, Device, and enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.

When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 02:19 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote