Thread: Kobo Wifi specs
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It is viziplex. As for contrast--it makes a difference to have 16 shades of gray in illustrations an pictures of course, text, not so much. As an aside, I did not use sync (preferring ePUB) on my original Kobo. I have tried sync on the new version and I notice that the text size is a bit larger than the equivalent ePUB files, which means there is more leading. The result is a more readable (for me) experience. I am not sure if it is improved over the original Kobo.

PS: Now I AM sure. My husband and I did some side by side checking last night between the two models. Big difference for both of us. The background colour is the same, but with the 16 level display, the serifs on serif text were more distinct and the contrast in general was much, much better.

Last edited by taming; 10-28-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: recheck
taming is offline   Reply With Quote