View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
JasonEH76
JasonEH76 began at the beginning.

Device: My phone
Calibre Companion (new and need help please)

Hi I'm Jason and I'm new to all this but I'm learning and loving creating my digital media library. Focusing mostly on books and comics at the moment. Eventually I want to create a personal cloud but I'm still learning. Right now my library is stored on an external hd. I have an old Samsung notebook to to replace and LG Stylo 3 Plus. That's what I'm using. For my books I have Calibre which of course is awesome for cataloguing the books as y'all well know lol. Anyway I've read the FAQs but I can be thick plus I got the ADHD so it takes me a minute sometimes. Can someone just lay it out real simple for me. So I got around 1500 books--haven't quite got them all catalogued but almost. And I created my own field for "Library or shelf" that groups them how I want them so that I can just sync them to my phone by that field. But my ext hd is connected by usb cord to my notebook which one faq said calibre couldn't do. So....how exactly should I handle this? Thanks in advance and since I'm completely new at all this any advice or tips on anything or any sources y'all wanna recommend I appreciate. (Btw for comics I'm using ComicRack and video I think I'm going with Plex yes? And music? Media Monkey or would that be Plex too? And an image viewer that could double as a slide show? Thanks again guys. ��) oh yeah how bout an ebook reader? I looked at a bunch. Any preferences? I just got mostly epubs with a smattering of pdfs. I'm kinda trying out Librera right now.

Last edited by JasonEH76; 07-14-2018 at 04:08 PM.
JasonEH76 is offline   Reply With Quote