View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #98
olderTechnology
olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.olderTechnology ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
When I bought the Simple Touch w/Glowlight B&N mentioned the openness of the Nook in their marketing materials. And if they didn't advertise their easily crackable 'social DRM', it was at least an open secret.

That all changed with the Nook Glowlight, which ditched the SD card yet not giving the user much room for sideloading. In that same time frame they changed their DRM scheme without notice.
Sorry when did B&N ever have a "Social DRM"? I've always needed Calibre to get through their DRM, which used to rely on credit card numbers and stuff.

If they've changed to a harder to crack DRM recently, that's news to me. I rarely buy from them, but I recently bought an expensive academic book that Amazon didn't have, any my existing DeDRM inside of Calibre still decoded it expertly.
olderTechnology is offline   Reply With Quote