View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
It is very simple. Publishers want to get the same profit from one eBook copy that they have from paper book. It is the reason why European publishers waiting for the law that will tell that cost of eBook must be the same as paper book. After it they will start to convert books to digitital format.
The profit model isn't the same. Publishers say that its the used book market that is eating into their sales. It's grown exponentially with the ease of finding/buying a used book on the Internet.

Libraries aside (and I would guess the impact is currently negligible), the current DRM model says they make money on every ebook sale. I could better justify paying pbook prices if I could transfer the license when I was done reading.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote