View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #42
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog29 View Post
I flashed from an old hacked firmware to the new firmware from Sony, everything turned back to original, then i flashed with this customizer using a custom name and info and all options but the joystick next page. The enter to power, clock, and new icons work, and the next page does not as i customized it, but i don't have any text for my name, email or phone.
I Flashed using a 32 mb Sd card. By Re-extracting the package onto the SD card and rerunning the customizer, I was able to see files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/ applicationStart.xml, scripts/main.xml and the text icon png file under scripts.
I believe I've done everything correctly (fully filling out the information and all), but I don't have the identification information.
I'm willing to reflash with some method but i don't know which way is the best (using the universal flasher and going to firmware update or reflashing the with sony updater after changing the version number) and i don't know what to look for when reflashing and customizing.
Thanks,
Frog29

Frog29, sounds to me like you've covered all the bases. You are looking at the top level Settings/About (0,6) screen, correct? I just reflashed my 505, leaving the joystick page forward unchecked and I see the name,email & address w/o problems. The personalization info is the last item on the About screen, after the Bitstream info. What do you see on that page?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote