View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Play-with-Books
Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Play-with-Books once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: RIM Playbook
Bulk update of Calibre from .csv file, is it possible ?

[Noobie Alert ...... please be gentle :-) ]
I have recently discovered Calibre and it is a wonderful piece of software.

Many Thanks Kovid and all the people who have created plug-ins etc.

My problem is I have added a very large number of mobis/epubs/pdfs/etc to my Calibre Library via 'Add Books' option from numerous directory structures on multiple computers etc.

As the books were named with a mix of conventions, as suited at the time they were saved, the metadata needs to be tidied/updated manually.

I can do this by editing the metadata for each book in turn which is very slow and labour intensive.

I have created a book list from the Catalogue option to a .csv file, this gives one file that could be edited in a spreadsheet program easily and quickly.

There does not appear to be a way to import the metadata from the .csv file back into Calibre to update the data held.

The Import List plugin by Kiwidude appears to be heading in the right direction but only imports a subset of the data in the .csv file created via the Catalogue option.

Is there a way to do what I am asking ?

Have I missed something obvious ?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Play-with-Books
Play-with-Books is offline   Reply With Quote