View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader_newb View Post
1) No I had the sound problem before I installed any 3rd party application.

2) What do you mean by having to wait for the sun to come out ? There is no option to adjust the Brightness of the display of an iliad 2nd edition ?
) Sorry, can't help further on the sound -- I always have mine switched off, so I wouldn't notice it misbehaving.

2) E-paper screens don't actually generate any light at all, just like paper doesn't. This is why they're so easy on the eye and can be read in direct sunlight. But it also means they can't be read in dim conditions, just like paper can't. If you imagine lots of tiny black dots on a white surface, which rearrange themselves when you turn the page, that's more or less how they work -- very energy-efficient, since the screen uses no power except on the page-turn. But there's no brightness to adjust, except whatever light is shining on the screen, be that sunlight or your bedside lamp.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote