View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Merge multiple XHTML files at once

On a separate part of this forum I was discussing the desire to convert epub to html and the merge feature of Sigil was mentioned. I was a good boy and searched the issues on the web site first, and found the feature that I wanted on Issue 585. I can see where you are concerned about making the interface more complex than necessary ... well I had a thought (just the one ).

Rather than making it possible to select multiple files to merge, you could perhaps change the way the merge interface works ... slightly.

1. At the moment, after the merge is complete, selection jumps to the "Text" node of the tree - and this makes it difficult to do one file after another. Instead you could make it so that after a merge is complete the next html file is automatically selected (if it exists).

2. Assign a hot key to the merge function (I don't care much what key, Ctrl+F6 or something).

With these two changes I could then highlight the second file on the list and then press and hold down the hot key to simply merge all files into one. This would make it very easy to do many files and would not require an interface that lets me select multiple files.

Just a thought.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote