View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Speaking only for myself - it turns me off when ANYTHING is put through a PC checklist.

I have many women authors I enjoy. But I am turned off by efforts to "pick women, pick women of color" or "pick stories with certain PC promoted themes".

It almost NEVER brings for the best book. Bringing forth the best book might well come from a woman or a trans author or have gay characters. But not if having those external attributes be the criteria of selection.
What makes you think the 2020 Hugos were awarded to women because they were women?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote