View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta of background job

I really should go to bed but there's only 10Km to go...

I have added an option to run the store as a job. This is the first step in being able to run this automatically. The store is started in the same way, but there is an extra option to run it as a job. Once started, the following is what happens:

- Collect the list of books to do the store for
- Run the job collecting the reading locations from the device
- Prompt whether to actually save the changes
- Store the changes in the calibre library

Because of the prompt and when the actual updates are done, more work has to be done before this can be automatically run.

One of the reasons for putting this out is performance. While doing this, I tuned the SQL used a little bit. This had a big affect when run as a job. The non-job version was not as noticeable. At the moment, for my test library of 420 books and 77 with reading positions, both ways takes about the same total time. I'm interested in how long it takes for those with more books on the device.

As always, if you see a bug, tell me so I can squash it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.1.1.zip (99.9 KB, 346 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote