View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:20 AM   #15
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So buy it from Google, then? I understand that you are upset that you can't get the book in all formats anymore, but it sounds like you don't want .mobi format anyway, and from what I can see, google offers downloads in both epub and pdf for most books.
Shari
If you look at the PDF format of an O'Reilly book you could almost feel the dedication which went in the PDF e-book format. I wouldn't be surprised if the PDF e-book was the master for the paperback book.

Is the Google Play version also in three formats and without DRM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym
If O'Reilly found that they were losing money by hosting the store, are you really going to *boycott* them because of it? Or do you think that they are closing the store just because they're tired of it, and want to annoy people like you who don't like Amazon? (You do realize that they've always sold on Amazon, right?)
Do you know for sure that this is the reason they closed the store? I suspect the reason is to push people to the subscription model. There is more profit in it. I have seen it before (e.g. Adobe Photoshop Cloud) but you are right we have not enough information to know the truth.

I have primarily bought e-books especially at oreilly.com because they had the DRM free multi format.

If you just want paperback books and/or DRM-invested e-books other stores will be fine for you.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote