View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #8
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am another that loves the shape and the size of the bezel. The Voyage had such a tiny bezel, it kept slipping out of my hand while using the haptic, or I kept moving into the screen. I have small hands.

I am one that can't imagine how anyone can read with the Oasis in the cover. So there is that. . Its doable, but only with the official one. No way could I handle a clunky heavy cover on this one. My hands would hurt. But even the official cover, I take off while reading. It takes away the ergonomic feature for which I bought the device in the first place. That and the buttons and large bezel. Those 2 things were what made me get the O1 and not use the Voyage much anymore and now I have the O2 and its even better.

Thankfully for now there are devices for those of us that like the shape, buttons and large bezel and for those that want the teeny bezels on the Voyage. Small bezels are a pain for me. I had to put a thick case on my phone and still have to use it with 2 hands as I am always touching the screen with some part of my hand. Not as much of an issue as I don't use it for reading.

Touch screens and I are not friends as it is, I don't need to have constant highlighting or page changes while I am reading. that is what happens with the Voyage. I constantly highlight stuff I don't mean because of that thin bezel. Maybe if my hands weren't small, but I always assume it would be worse for those with larger hands. Or maybe their fingers are long enough so they can grab it from all sides with one hand and still change pages. I can't. Not enough finger real estate.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote