View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #14
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I recall someone, probably Valloric saying that the performance of Qt WebKit on OS X is very poor (Qt WebKit is the html rendering engine the viewer uses).
Oh yes. Oh bloody hell yes, it's damn slow.

But I can tell you that with Qt 4.7 on Windows I measured a 400% improvement in rendering speed compared to Qt 4.6. Some Mac users who have tried Sigil 0.3.0RC (which uses Qt 4.7) have reported massive gains on Mac as well.

Sure, some of those gains come from Sigil itself, but I think it's mostly QtWebkit 2.0 in Qt 4.7. The 400% on Windows figure I got from tests separate from Sigil.

Last edited by Valloric; 10-08-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote