View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #31
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I have no use for the iPad, but I don't think that's the case at all.

Apple makes a significant portion of their revenues from the iPhone -- around $5.6 billion in 2009 (and they only started selling 'em in early 2007), and the iPod pulled in another $3.4 billion. Even if the iPad is a total flop, the iPhone/iPod makes so much money, expanding that product line is a no-brainer.

If Apple puts out an iBackScratcher, then I'll agree with you.
Just for reference: In 2005/2006, Siemens did pull the plug from their mobile phone division. Back then, their revenue was about $ 5 billion. Way too low in Siemens' mindset. For a "startup" (in that area), Apple's figures certainly are okay. And of course their profit lies in iTunes. But it's quite interesting, how sales figures, that are mediocre at best, are considered revolutionary by some.
Still one has to admire Apple's rise from the ashes, being close to chapter 11 not so long ago.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-10-2010 at 08:59 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote