View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Here's a follow-up on my Patriots Club post.

Our mysterious store price minder person has already knocked down Patriots Club to $5.59. (I hope there's not someone at Sony going sleepless trying to catch up with all the adjustments! But wow, you sure have to give them credit for effort to even pay attention to this. I don't know how long it can last, but it's much appreciated, and should be a benefit to all of the store customers.)

I'm grabbing a BBeB copy of this right now, lest the price jump up on me again! At a couple of dollars less than the mass paperback price from Amazon, and the opportunity to read it on my Sony Reader, how can I resist?

Now that I'm getting used to spending from the $50 store credit, I have a feeling that if there is a general pricing edge over paper for the majority of e-books at the store, we'll see a lot more impulse e-book buying. Me included, which completely surprises me. It takes away some of the urgency to find public domain materials all the time. If I make impulse paper book purchases, why not e-books too? I think the $50 credit was a great way to get people used to buying online.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote