View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuji35 View Post
Hi,

I wanted to add a book to my Kobo Glo via Calibre (As usual) but for some reason, Calibre stated that it is "error communicating with device."

I did a factory reset 3 times, updated Calibre to the latest version but nothing happens This is what the error in CALIBRE tells me:

But first to tell you the story, after the first attempt of synching with Calibre, my Kobo Glo acted weird since all of my books is inaccessible (all of them are DRM-FREE) but after the failed synch attempt, the Kobo IS looking at all of my Books as DRM so it is not reading them with an error "Oops! You cannot access DRM books blah blah" and all of my books have no covers in the Library. ALl of them inaccessible prompting me to do a factory reset.

I have a Kobo Glo version 2.6.0. Please help.

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 476, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1607, in books
OperationalError: unable to open database file

Try signing out/back in of your account on your Glo. Go to settings/account/sign out, then sign back in.

Also see this thread ..

Last edited by Willa; 07-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote