View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Dullahir
Zealot
Dullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blueDullahir can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Android
Hmmm.. Thanks much for the vital information you all. When I remove ebooks from the Calibre, since it can get literally swarmed, I 'Delete everything' after saving to disk.. Even .opf files, sadly, which I'm guessing are needed for dupe finding.

If I were to delete everything EXCEPT the .opf files, will it clear my Calibre window of books and yet save the library info for the next batch of loaded books so I can find the dupes, or how would that work?

By the way, I have Windows 7 64bit on both my laptop and my PC.

Also, I use Dupe Cleaner, but sometimes it won't work correctly, ie, it won't find the proper files.

I mostly use Anti-Twin, which is a two-edge sword. While good, there are significant issues.

When searching Similar files, they give you a ratio. Compare:

Ratio set for %100

The Hollows 01 - Dead Witch Walking.epub
Dead Witch Walking.epub

Results: 0 Duplicates found.

The Hollows 01 - Dead Witch Walking
The Hollows 11 - Ever After

Ratio set to %90

Duplicates found: 3

The Hollows 01
Dead Witch Walking
The Hollows 11

Yeah. See my issue? With this method, Series 1 and Series 8 are similar books, while Dead Witch Walking.epub and The Hollows 1 - Dead Witch Walking.epub are not.

Last edited by Dullahir; 04-12-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Dullahir is offline   Reply With Quote