Thread: Audio Book?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I recommend the eReaders that have the voice readers built in for people with vision problems or that want to listen to the book as they drive or are passengers on a plane or vehicle.
I suggest you stop recommending that.

Even the best text-to-speech gets old and boring fast, if not out-right painful.

A well-narrated audiobook, on the other hand, is a treat to listen too.
And as a car commuter, it's just about the only way I can consume books most of the time.

The market is unquestionably smaller than the ebook market, and audiobooks tend to be expensive compared to ebooks, but Audible did not stay in business all these years, and get sold to Amazon for 3/4 of a zillion dollars, because people don't want audiobooks.

Note, however, a good narrator and decent production skill is CRITICAL.
"Read by the author" is only a positive thing if the author happens to be a great narrator, too.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote