View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Kindle hardware number?

Looking at the device info to find out the OS version, I noticed there is a number at the end - in my case its _user_20171**. I'm wondering if this is an individual device ID, and if it actually suggests that my unit is the 2 millionth plus unit made. Any thoughts?

One of the reasons I'm curious about the hardware number is how that might affect hacking, and getting the Kindle OS on other hardware.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote