View Single Post
Old 03-25-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Different Font with iSilo

Some people have complained that iSilo doesn't support different fonts like for instance PalmReader Pro does.

But you can use different fonts with iSilo. Lubak gives an excellent explanation how to do that. He offers solutions for both, Palm OS 4.x and 5.x users.

For OS 4.x users (like myself), you basically need three things:[list=1][*]A hack manager a la Tealmaster (Payware) or X-Master (free) [*]FontHack 4.0c Beta (make sure you scroll down to the hi-res download)[*]A font database. Here you have the choice. You can either pick one font database from Lubak's page, or you can get the Swiz font, or you can use (if you already own it) or buy the Palm Reader Pro Font Packs.[/list=1]
In your hack manager you can configure Fonthack to map the new font to your current system font. You can do this either specifically for iSilo, or system-wide.

My favorite Font (which I use since day 2 of my Clie) is the "OS5" font from Lubak's page. The font mapping for this font is:
HrStandard -> OS5 (0)
HrBold -> OS5 (1)
HrLarge -> OS5 (2)
HrLargeBold -> OS5 (3)

I will post some comparison screenshots in the next few days.

If anyone of you owns a OS 5.x Palm and want to tell us his/her experience with font replacements, please do so here