View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeaty View Post
There are a few things that are a must:

1) Calendar co-ordination with a laptop.
2) Website browsing on the go.
3) Some digital media consumption.
The Nook Color will do #2 and 3, but not #1 at this time. B&N promises apps early next year (what they are, no one knows). Also, it's being rooted right now, so access top the Android Market is on the way.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab will do all three, but comes at a hefty price - $600 without a contract or $1,120 with a contract from Sprint.

When I was shopping for a tablet, I quickly ruled out the iPad (too large and too expensive) and the Galaxy Tab (too expensive). The trend was obviously heading toward overpriced devices, so I gave up until B&N shocked everyone with a high quality $250 Android tablet. Since it will or is about (flash support coming with Android 2.2) to do everything I need it to do, I got it. I'm quite happy with the purchase and finally have a tablet at a reasonable price.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote