View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
I'm not having Header and Footer Issues, but would ask for advice on basic formatting of the JBL itself to read PDFs.

I have just upgraded to 16e on my JBL and was hopeful that I would now be able to read PDF files without jumping through hoops.

Prior to this upgrade I never even attempted to read a PDF - just could not get it to work properly so converted PDFs to .rtf or .txt to make them usable.

Now I seem to be within "striking distance" of reading straight PDFs as downloaded.

The files I am attempting to get to work are from Feedbooks and are credited back to Project Gutenberg.

1. What exactly does "Reflow" accomplish?

2. How do you utilize "Reflow" - configuration, etc.?

My core PDF document with default settings are very tiny images, too small to read, but perfectly centered on the screen.

Increasing font size, causes a lot of improper "word-wrap" with words being forced apart at the right margin.

Changing to "reflow off" and then experimenting with "full screen" and "full width" causes the image to shift off-screen to the right.

I pretty much can see that these PDFs are just not going to cooperate with the JBL unless I am missing something.

I'd just love to be able to download some free PDF files from somewhere that will work on the JBL without having to re-format all the time.

Epub, .rtf and .txt free downloads are much less problematic and tend to work a fairly high percentage of time "as downloaded."

Any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Doug
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote