View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #37
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I can understand why people accustomed to hardware page turn buttons (like on the Kindle and Nook) prefer them. You have to hold the Kobo Touch a little differently to use the touch screen, and there's no longer a page turn button right under your thumb. I never spent a lot of time using earlier models, so I don't have an established habit to break. Using the touch screen seems perfectly natural to me. I don't think either way is better, it's just a question of what you're used to. But then I'm the kind of person who uses a touchpad on my laptop and a mouse with my desktop interchangeably without being bothered by the difference, so maybe some people are more sensitive about it.
You could be onto something here. But bottom line is its personal preference. And some prefere to touch some prefere to push and some prefere the use of a stylus. As was pointed out by some one in another thread... a stylus can be useful with a touch screen if you have problems with your hands to some degree.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote