View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #28
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
That's exactly how I was. I hated it every time I tried it out, mostly because a whole lot of bells and whistles that I don't like are enabled by default. When my collection passed a few hundred books across a half-dozen bookstores, my old organizational method (directories by genre) became unwieldy and I started doing things like accidentally deleting books when I was rearranging them and such. I basically just sucked it up and spent a few days learning how to disable all of the features that annoy me and now I don't know what I'd do without it.

The very short and mostly sane answer is that the Catholic Church historically believed that the Masons were anti-Catholic and excommunicated any Catholics that joined, so some priests got together and created the Knights of Columbus. If you're ever wondering how to spend an afternoon, Googling Catholic and Freemason together will find you a morass of conflicting and contradictory information where everybody thinks everybody else is part of The Conspiracy. If you get through that and don't feel like you've descended into quite enough madness, throw in a few search terms like "mind control" and "new world order".

You can probably stop when you get to the lizard aliens. I'm not joking.
My organization method is unwieldy, too. Check that: I have no organization system!

I think that the reason that I haven't started using Calibre is that it will be time-consuming up front. First, because of the learning curve. Second, because of the time that I will have to spend entering what books that I already have. I know, I know, it won't get any easier. In fact, it will be more and more difficult to start it as time goes by, and the books stack up (metaphorically speaking).

There is a common thread to both of your quotes. It's time. Because of it (or rather the finite-ness of it) I'll pass on your idea about spending an afternoon searching the Internet for RCC and KOC connections. Funny.

After you stated the connection between the two organizations, I immediately remembered that I had heard that a long time ago. I didn't think about KOC being a fraternal organization when I was making my post, or I might have made the connection then.

I'm always glad to see your posts. I learn (or remember something that I had forgotten) every time.

ADDENDUM: Is there a way for Calibre to automatically organize your books by subject? I know that that would almost be too good to be true, if there was. I have often wondered why Kindle and Kindle readers apparently aren't set up to do this. Amazon just has to have metadata, such as metatags, for all of these books that they sell or they wouldn't be able to put them in categories on their website like they do.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote