View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I just went through a trial build and it was fairly painless, so I don't expect much trouble either.

I wasn't able to build the "makeinstaller" target on 11.10, though. I assumed (and INSTALL.txt suggested) that could be used to build the installer binary on linux? No biggie if not, but I was sort of curious what the issue might be. Haven't had a chance to do much investigating.

Spoiler:
Code:
Scanning dependencies of target copyfiles
[100%] Copying installer files to temporary location...
Error copying file "location-NOTFOUND" to "/home/user1/builds/temp_folder/Sigil/".
make[3]: *** [copyfiles] Error 1
make[2]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/copyfiles.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/makeinstaller.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [makeinstaller] Error 2
This is just a guess, but it's probably trying and failing to find the libphonon library, which sigil doesn't need and isn't present (I think) in Ubuntu 11.10.

If you edit ./src/Sigil/CMakeFiles/copyfiles.dir/build.make to comment out the line where it's trying to copy location-NOTFOUND, I think it will then work. But it's been a while since I tried it, and YMMV.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote