View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Adam, may I ask you a question. I'm anxious to buy an iLiad, but I need to be very comfortable with the process to convert my paperback books to readable iLiad format. If I scan an entire book into PDF 7.0 (I own a Fujitsu ScanSnap), is there anything else I'd have to do to read it on an iLiad? I understand from the document posted by iRex, "How to make content for your iLiad," that it will scale a given image to fit the display, but the minimum font size I'm comfortable reading is 10pt. If I needed to zoom, is there something I can do either when creating the PDF or on the iLiad side to get the text to reflow? Or is there no way, and I'd need to 'set' the font size I'm comfortable with beforehand?
I think I can try to answer it, hopefully Adam will forgive me. If you create PDF file by yourself, there is a set of instructions of how to create a special iLiadish PDF file, which will fit screen ideally. Since you are creating pdf by yourself, there is no point in creating standard A4 or letter size pdf.
I think....
astra is offline   Reply With Quote