View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If you're going to look at it as a trade-off, then the DX looses big time. As I understand it "trade-off" implies giving up one item for the other, a trade.

Is trade-off even the right relationship? Hardly anyone is going to give up a laptop for the Kindle DX. I think marginal cost/benefit would be closer. And even there, not very many people think the DX is worth the extra cost or weight.
I;m not reading too many college texts these days, but my Kindle DX is excellent for me to use with pdf versions of role playing games. I don't have to worry about the battery conking out on me in the middle of a game and I have access to a vast library of gaming material with something that is less in size and weight than many of the hard copy books that it replaces! If I was back in college today you can damn well be sure that I would have a KDX for my texts. Heck my major was history and so many of my texts were no larger than a trade paperback anyway!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote