View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #11
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If you're going to look at it as a trade-off, then the DX looses big time. As I understand it "trade-off" implies giving up one item for the other, a trade.

Is trade-off even the right relationship? Hardly anyone is going to give up a laptop for the Kindle DX. I think marginal cost/benefit would be closer. And even there, not very many people think the DX is worth the extra cost or weight.
You may be right, but I think you are generalizing from your own preferences and assuming you are representative. That's always a dangerous assumption, as it's seldom true.

If you simply want to read information presented in a PDF and take some notes on it, and you don't need all the other things a laptop can do, you may just carry the DX and leave the laptop and it's greater weight at home.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote