View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #27
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
...and cancelled any existing hardware orders in July...
I've seen this mentioned by a couple people and was wondering how peeps outside Astak know as a fact.

Yes, all signs and silence (especially Jenifer's) leads to the conclusion that Astak ereaders ain't coming back, but I sincerely hope that is not the case. I sincerely hope Steven Lake and DaleDe have their stories right.

I'm ready to buy another ereader, and I'd like to be seriously considering the Astak 6+. I would really like to support a quality unit that the Astak has shown itself to be. When you consider you don't have to shop around for a cover or a charger, I don't consider the Astak price to be out of line .

But although I got immediate response from Astak support for my cracked PPro screen once Jenifer got involved, this whole soap opera where no one else seems to get any support, and the website is a continuing slap in the customer's face, really forces me to just sit and wait to see how things pan out.

One of the reasons I have also been considering the nook is because it would allow my wife I to share B&N books between her iPad (w/nook app) and the nook (for me), and to also then share library books between the nook (for her) and the Astak (for me).

While I really would rather not get into the practice of DRM-stripping, I have concluded that for the number of books my wife might actually purchase that we would want to share, I can live with it and buy an Astak Plus. But its not gonna happen if I don't have the feeling that they are going to be in the business longer than it takes to sell their current inventory.

Life would be so much easier if the iPad supported ADE, but I would still be waiting around to see if Astak is really still in the ereader market before making a purchasing decision.

C'mon, Jenifer give us a hint.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote