View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebill View Post
I know that sometimes a server has to be replaced, but this seems more of updating a web site. Maybe having problems getting a shopping cart installed.

But 10 days does seem rather a long time.

( I have worked for a web host, but I'm not a superexpert on it.)
Well I am an ex Sys Admin so I can speak a little from experience. If a web site is going to be updated, and the existing one currently works, leave it alone until the newly developed site is working, then migrate across. If the existing website is broken and management feel it in their infinite wisdom to build a new one rather than repair the old one (working backup should have fixed the problem) put up a notice to inform visitors the site is under repair.

Astak should have posted a notice on their website and redirected customers to buy.com (or another affiliate) for people who wanted to buy one temporarily.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote